Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Tennessee Three








A few weeks back Justin and I took our niece, Jaxi to the Tennessee Three concert. For those of you who don't know, Tennessee Three is the same band that played with Johnny Cash. The girl in the red shirt is Scarlett. She first sang on stage with June Carter. The man is Bob Wootton. He was Johnny's lead guitarist and good friend. As some of you may already know, Jaxi is a huge Johnny Cash fan. She was so excited! She had a huge grin on her face the whole time. I think that those are the moments that parents must live for. The moments when their child’s smile shines brighter than the sun. It feels like, for just that single moment in time, the world has stopped and everything that was bogging you down is nonexistant. At least thats how it felt when I watched Jaxi enjoy the concert. And I like to imagine that it will feel like that when I have my own children. Anyway, we had fun and it was as close as Jaxi (and Justin & I) will ever get to seeing Johnny Cash play live.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's great that you can go and enjoy music with your hubby and niece! You have such a loving heart, Toshia, to find so much happiness in watching Jaxi's excitement.

Familia Forsloff said...

That sounds fun..Lane and I love going to concerts and I know he would LOVE to go with your dad to a blues concert!

The Eggleston family said...

You are awesome Toshia. How fun. We just wanted to say hello!!! Keep in touch!!!